
I feel like I’m climbing the Great Wall of China as I chase down all the adoption paperwork. I have everything in for my home study I should have my first interview next week with the Social Worker. I filled with the INS my I-600A Orphan Petition on April 12, 2006 and forked out $615. This includes the fingerprinting that will take place after the home study is submitted to INS and then they will issue me an I-71H. This document is a Notice of Favorable Determination to Adopt Internationally. When I receive this I will be on my way to China. Then the wait begins. After the paperwork gets to China, I am predicting 9-12 months to wait for a referral. Then I will find out who my daughter is. 6-8 weeks after the referral I will travel to China to bring her home. The trip to China is 16-18 days long. I hope to become a Mother sometime next spring or summer. Thanks for joining me along this journey. Come back and check in on my progress.
1 comment:
paul, you're so cool =) god bless you.
Post a Comment