Thursday, August 24, 2006

Difficult Week

Besides the fact that it was the first week of school and I had to pack up my office and move it to the warehouse because there is no place for me to go I received some tragic news late Tuesday that put life into perspective. A good friend and co-worker from Heavenly Ski Resort passed away on Monday. She had a jet ski accident in Lake Tahoe. Then my mother called and said that my 98 year-old Grandmother may of had a stroke this week and the doctor thinks she is shutting down. Mom ask me to come this weekend to see her but Debbie’s memorial is on Sat and Sun and I feel I should be at the memorial for Debbie’s family and our friends. I have agreed to take off work next week if I need to go to my Grandmother. This was a difficult decision but I will pray that Grandma hold on a bit longer. Knowing that I will and may never see family and friends again and having to say good-bye is the underlying reason I have been in tears all day. Saying good-bye to my office is just not that big of a deal now is it?

11 comments:

C's Mom said...

What a very difficult way to be reminded of perspective.

My heart is with you and those now grieving.

Joannah said...

Paulette, I'm so sorry that you've lost a friend and that your grandmother isn't well. I will keep you in my prayers. ((hugs))

Special K said...

Oh Paulette. I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you and praying for your strength to get through this.

t~ said...

I am so sorry, the loss of friends and family is something I can easily relate to and yet simply can not digest after a few years have passed. My thoughts and prayers go with you.

Dawn and Dale said...

More prayers and special thoughts coming your way....

Sooo sorry.

Tamara said...

I'm so sorry- it hurts so much to lose loved ones.

Lisa and Tate said...

What a bad week!!! Sorry about your loss... I'll keep you in my prayers.

Lisa

Paulette said...

Thanks everyone for you thoughts and prayers. The memorial for Debi was beautiful. I have not cried and laughed that hard at the same time. Round 2 is today at the ski beach this is the way Deb would have wanted us to party on for days.

PS Grandma is hanging in there

Polar Bear said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Robin said...

Paulette,
So sorry to hear about your friend. I've never lost a best friend or even a very good friend so I can only imagine how you must feel.
My thoughts will be with you. I'll also be thinking of your grandmother.
God's Blessings!

Sandra said...

Oh Paulette, what a difficult time. Thinking of you. (((HUGS)))