Friday, September 01, 2006

Life of a Homeowner


Yaaaaaa the tile guy came back only had to wait 2 months for him but it was worth it.

Before




After



We had to remove the hot water heater to tile under it and in the process the water line in the master bath to the toilet sprung a leak. The leak was up in a wall so a hole had to be cut in the drywall. Good thing I have a great friend that can fix anything and was came by yesterday to save the day. He had to crawl under the house several times to investigate and while under there he found that most of the insulation is sitting on the ground. So next project more insulation under the house and insulating the hot water pipes and possibly the heater ducks. One project leads to another when you own an old house. I would rather paint so I could at least see my improvements. Well I hope to feel them this winter.

5 comments:

Special K said...

The tile looks great!

I feel ya on the older home thing. Mine's built in 1929. I love the integrity of the house itself and the beautiful woodwork but there's always something that needs done.

Lisa~~ said...

The tile looks wonderful. Old homes, they always keep you busy.

Dawn and Dale said...

that looks soooo good! I want tile now!!!

Our home will be "renovated" for the rest of our lives as well!

Have fun!

C's Mom said...

Beautiful! I love the fresh change. What a diffrence the tile has made :0)

Joannah said...

Your new flooring looks beautiful. You've sure had a lot going on, haven't you?