Saturday, March 10, 2007

March Refferals


Referrals came in this week. Congratulations to all the new parents. The moved 11 days from Oct 13, 2005 to Oct 24, 2005. Definitely not a speed up but not a slow down either. The month of Nov is a very big month with many families logged in. The good news is that they updated the Review section of the web site this is 2 months in a row and we are now to March 31, 2006 I am only 3 months away from review. My next huge milestone to get over for this adoption.

I have been informed by my school district that we are changing calendars. They have told us that this will not change my pay just spread it out from 12 to 13 months now that just does not compute to me. I get to choose if I want to lose my pay for 1 month Aug 2008 or have my pay spread out 13 months during the school year of 2008-2009 just in time to become a new single mother. In Aug 08 I may be home with my new bundle of joy and 08-09 school year I will have a lot of new expenses day care health insurance etc. I don’t know what to do any suggestions?

3 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Hmmmmm... That is a tough one. I would probably take the spread. I can't imagine not getting a check for a month. I would think it would be easier to budget less money than to plan for no money. My 2cents.

Joannah said...

I don't get it. How can you be paid for twelve months over a thirteen month calendar. Are they on crack?

I only get paid ten months out of the year - September through June. Then I don't receive a paycheck July and August. Therefore, I have a Summer Savers account with my credit union, in which I save the amount I will need for the two months I don't get paid. That amounts to several hundred dollars per month in a high yield savings account. My district does offer a twelve-month pay cycle, but I'd rather earn the interest myself than have them earn it for themselves! ;-)

Nancy said...

That is confusing. Are they cutting your salary? Why spread 12 months pay over 13 months? It definitely does not compute for me. But, if it must be done, I would do what Joannah says. And for sure do a payroll deduction.

Nancy
P.S.
I received my "brown" envelope from China yesterday! I have been home since October 1, 2006. The papers were dated August 18, 2006, but postmarked March 6, 2007! Hmmm. . . someone screwed up! Just glad they finally let me out of the country with my baby!