Sunday, April 01, 2007

Lavender Fields


On Thursday the ladies had lunch and a tour of the lavender fields located under the crater of Haleakala. I learned that there are over 250 different varieties of lavender and this garden has over 45 different types that bloom throughout the year.Lavender can be used in lotions, candles, foods and perfumes but did you know it is also helpful as an antiseptic for cuts, insect bits and burns. But best of all it calms the nerves, relieves stress, anxiety and encourage restful sleep. As a harmonizer, lavender promotes personal renewal and rejuvenation
I must say this is the must relaxed non-stressful wedding I have ever been a part of. Elizabeth is such a great bride and is not worrying about anything. We make a list check it a few times and just relax.

2 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Beautiful pictures.

Sounds like the perfect wedding. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

JACQUELINE SAID....
Oh Paulette, I can just about say that Lavender is my favorite flower! Better still it grows in Tahoe! It takes a special spot for it to thrive but, WOW its worth the try. Thank you for that picture, I feel as though it was put up espically for me! Love Jax