Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Brad and Elizabeth


Elizabeth and I met 16 years ago while ski racing as teammates. We have been best friends ever since. Like true friends we have shared many wonderful times and been their for each other during some of the darkest days of our lives. I have been credited for bringing Brad and Elizabeth together as my most successful internet date. It was about 4 years ago I received a wink on match.com from a guy in a baseball hat. After a few phone conversations we made a date. Like girl friends do I was telling Elizabeth about this guy, that worked at Alpine Meadows Ski Resort, Elizabeth asked if his name was Brad Wilson, I said yes. She then said that she has known him for years and if she were single she would go out with him. I took that as a thumps up. We went for a bike ride and sat down to lunch and the conversation soon turned to my good friend Elizabeth and I shared with Brad what Elizabeth had said about him and then headed out to Bridgette, Elizabeth’s oldest, 4th birthday party, what a consistence. I had never seen my friend so unhappy, it was like she was not alive anymore. My heart was breaking for her. It was just a few months later that she would separate from her husband and be looking for a place to land in a particular town that was between her Mom and the children’s father she left a message with Brad.
He offered her a place to live with the girls and after a few weeks they both realized that this was much more then just a roommate situation they were forever soul mates. So to my soul sister Elizabeth may you and Brad have a lifetime of love, happiness and many wild adventures to share together. I love you both so much. Congratulation.

2 comments:

Polar Bear said...

That is a wonderful story! Congratulations Brad and Elizabeth!!

I just love the pictures. "Just Maui'd" ~ that is cool!

C's Mom said...

How beautiful are they!?!

All the best to them both....the heart in the sand is too cute.