Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Summer Project

Was to move command central (my office) into the dinning room and get started on the baby’s room. What a mess........ Its not ideal but it will work for now and this way I can be right in the middle of everything from my desk. I have also had to down scale everything.

As of now it will not be a nursery but more of a guest room. The colors I chose are lavender and green. My room is pink and green so we can’t both have a pink room. Can you tell my favorit color is green.


I was given 3 family pieces to put in her room. This cherry wood slay bed and matching dresser. The bed will also work well as a toddeler bed without the box spring with a bed gate of course.

They were in my Great Aunt and Uncles house in San Francisco around 1930-1980. I just love them and they look great against the lavender walls. Next I needed window coverings. Light frilly drapes will not do in Tahoe keeping as much heat in and cold out was my ultimate goal.

So I ended up ordering green gingham curtains with black out shades built in for the sliding glass door. I will have a blackout drop shade under this curtain also in green gingham. This is the sunnies room of the house with the most windows. They should show up any day now.

I have also found some beautiful art to hang in the room. I have a thing for art and I wanted to find prints that would bring her Chinese heritage in without adding a lot of red, it just is not my favorit color. I have ordered 3 prints from Jiinkinkids.

Hope-Faith-Love

Lazy Summer Days

Little Dancer

Stephanie the artist has been wonderful to work with and is making things size to order. She is LID in March/06 so many of you may have seen her work. I found her on CJ’s blog.

However now I need to paint the green wall lavender the green in the curtain is not the right green in the wall and the prints will look better all on lavander then green. Lets see it was originally green so I painted it lavender and did not like it so I painted it green again and now I want to go back to lavender. A girl is allowed to changer her mind you know, (its only paint!). So my last day of summer vacation off to paint that wall again it has been a fun project and has helped me to feel more conected to my little girl where ever she is.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! YOu have done a great job and the furniture is beautiful..Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful color scheme. You've done a great job!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the Jinkinkids link, I will check it out!

Michelle

Christie said...

Oh it's beautiful!! What a great job you did and I love the pictures!!!!

Robin said...

Love the room.. and those prints are amazing. I think command central looks pretty good in the dining room. Didn't even notice it when I first looked at the picture.

Joannah said...

I love what you've got going there! Annalise's room is going to be so lovely!

Lisa and Tate said...

You have been one busy gal! Love the new look in the room. How lucky to inherit such amazing pieces of furniture!

Lisa

C's Mom said...

I love the Jinkin Kids prints too and have the Faith-Hope-Love one.

The lavender wall is BEAUTIFUL!

GGHadden said...

OH...I just love those colors together too! Looking good.