Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hepatitis Vaccinations


Back in September an email when out in the school district asking those of us that work in high risk positions if we would like to be immunized for Hepatitis. You bet I said yes and put my name on the list. I inquired about the immunizations in Nov and got no response. Now it’s January and I am making some noise. It seems that it has been on hold along with our contract negotiations. Both the certified staff (teachers) and the classified staff (everyone else except administration) are all working without a contract and the ketch is the classified staff has Hepatitis Vaccinations on the table in their contract negotiations. However I’m certified not classified so this has nothing to do with me. The next thing is our wonderful lame Governor is trying to cut the K-12 budget that may take away the raises he promised us because we have not been able to negotiate with our lame school district. The district now wants to wait and see what the Governor is going to do. I spoke to the head nurse, and she said she would recommend me for the vaccination. But can’t help me because the district won’t purchase the vaccinations. So it’s coming down to politics. Give me a break my health has nothing to do with the Governor of the State of Nevada. I know the series take 7-8 months to get done and I need this for China. It would be great if district would pay because our health insurance does not cover vaccination and it would be out of my pocket. I do change dippers, and been chomped on by a few biters in the past at work so I do feel entitled to have these shots paid for by the district. I am trying to be patient but I’m getting a bit annoyed by the whole ordeal. What would you do?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hmmm . . . Paulette, reading your posts makes me so so glad that I took an early retirement! I LOVED teaching; I HATED the politics!

I would give it another month and then I would go to the county health department and get started on the series. The health department will be much cheaper than you regular doctor.

Paula said...

I would just continue to be a squeaky wheel like you are doing. I guess if you don't get anywhere in a couple of months I would just pay for it myself. Your health is more important than money, even if its your own money.

Paulette said...

I agree with both of you. Now the teachers assosciation is involved. I will let them fight the district for all of us certified teachers that qualify. We are giving them 1-month then we will go to grevance which I hope does not happen.