Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year

I celebrated CNY today by faxing my new I-171H into my agency at lunch. That was a good feeling to get behind this last push of paperwork. It does look as I could have waited to submit it to get a father out date but at the time no one could truly tell me what to do so I when forward with the process. I now have until July 18, 2009 to get Annalise home. In Nevada they don’t let you have a copy of your Home Study I find this rather ironic because the Department of Home Land Security returns it to you with your I-171H. So what is my Home Study agency trying to hide from me? Maybe the fact that they cut and past most of the old HS into the new one and only changed about 5 lines and charged me over $900 give me a break.

I will be attending a CNY celebration on Saturday in Reno at the Circus Circus Hotel for our local families that have adopted from Asia. I just can’t wait to see all the kids in there traditional outfits and conect with families that have been in my adoption waiting shoes. The last thing I shared with the yahoo group was you will be able to know who I am I'll be the one without a kid. Maybe next year.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Chinese New Year....
I am dreading renewing our stuff too..
But I have a feeling I will have to do it a 3rd time..
YUCK..
Have a Great Time this weekend..

C's Mom said...

Glad the renewals are behind you at least!

Happy CNY to you :0)

Paula said...

Glad the paperwork push is once again done. I have a feeling this WILL be your last time. Have fun at the get together.