
You may ask, why so quiet. You could call it a blogging break but I won’t commit to that either. Just very busy with work, school, and teaching skiing on the weekends and socializing with friend there just doesn’t seem to be any time left for blogging. Thank goodness for cleaning people.
My agency has come out with new WCP procedures. The new multi agency shared list with now has those children with minor SN on them. This list is shared with 50 different agencies. If a child is found on the list that would match a family’s Medical Checklist, that child is lock down and disappears from the list. The family is contacted and then has 48 hours to make a decision and get there information translated and sent to China or she will reappear on the list and you could lose her to another agency. What this does is narrow my medical checklist down to only those conditions I know I can handle and can make a decision on in 48 hours. I am so happy to find a new yahoo group of WCP families from my agency that are in the same boat as I am. This group is very active and I am so happy to have finally found them. I have been reading as much as I can to get caught up on what is going on. This group should help me to track when I may be getting close to the top of the list. As of now they are working on March 08 and I am Nov 08. Lost of time to pray about it. My agency is working the list day and night for us.
Last weekend I went home to Bear Valley to Celebrate Charlie, my friend that passed away the week before in Mammoth by hitting a tree while teaching a ski lesson. A bunch of us gathered at my parent’s house in Arnold and we told Charlie stories and laughed so hard we cried. We will all miss Charlie’s energy. Then for the next 2 days we skied at Bear Valley and the conditions were great, set up and the best spring skiing. We took this time to duck a few, well more then a few, out of bounds ropes and skied some of Charlie’s favorite runs. He would have been happy about our ski choices. (picture to come I left my camera in my locker on the hill)
Today I did not have a lesson in the morning and came home to blog. Nice to live just minutes from the hill. I go back at 1:00 for a request private. Boulder Base will close tomorrow moving me to the California Base lodge for a couple of weeks. The mountain is scheduled to close the first week of May just in time for my Birthday. The snow is melting fast and I am so happy to get to see more of my yard everyday. I will try to be a better blogger so you don’t have to read so much next time.
3 comments:
Thats exciting about the SN list. Your not too far from the top.
I can't believe the season is almost over and I didn't even ski one day. Thats a first for me! Isn't the snow melt great! I'm loving it!
I envy your life! And I don't know about Charlie but I love that you celebrated his life :)
Here's to hoping you see your referral soon!
very exciting about the SN list and only being about 5 months away from the top of the list!! Very cool indeed!! Praying for ya!
Post a Comment