This is a story you won't believe...
I hate to clean my house and with 2 jobs this winter and taking a master class something had to give and I was so happy to find some cleaning people. I checked their references and gave them a try. To be honest with you they did a crappie job. Last Friday I was taking a look at what they had done and I realized I forgot to put away one of my jewelry boxes. This small purple candle lives on top of the box. They had not dusted around the box and the candle had been moved off the top of the box and placed on the top of the dresser. My heart dropped, I opened the box to find my Great Aunt's wedding band gone. I franticly looked in all the other places it could be but I knew exactly where it was and it was not there. I immediately called the police and they came in dusted for fingerprints and took my statement. I described the ring and the inscription on the inside "Henry to Clair"with there wedding date of "1942". You can't put a price on the sentimental value of this ring for me. They suggested that I try calling pawnshops. Do you know how many pawnshops there are between Lake Tahoe and Reno hundreds? Will’s advice was to pray and I did. I left many phone calls on the detectives voice mail with no return. On Wed I spoke to the investigator and he said with the precious metals market these days they will just melt down the ring. I bust into tears. I ask if they had spoke to my cleaning people and they said yes that they had cooperated and denied taking the ring. I was not sleeping well, waking up in a sense of panic. I have felt so violated. On Thursday night around 6:30 while curled up in my bed the phone rang it was the detective he had located my ring. It was in a pawnshop in Reno and they had a police hold on it. I'm sure your can imagine the crying a screaming that took place. I asked who took the ring and he told me my cleaning ladies husband. He was a part of the cleaning team. An anonymous tip came in to the detective voice mail sharing who had taken the ring and where it was. The investigator drove down to Reno from Lake Tahoe Friday morning. He phoned me while I was teaching at school and say they had my ring but the inscription was gone it had been erased. They wanted me to come and pick it up ASAP. By 1:30 the ring was placed back in my hand. "Praise God". I was shown pictures of my cleaning people walking into the pawnshop hocking my ring. I identified them. They got a whopping $60 for the ring. I do believe that people should pay consequences for their actions and I will be pressing charges. I don’t want them to do this to anyone else and if they had given the ring back when they were asked the first time things may be different. In the future I will only let reputable cleaning company into my house that are bonded. But for now I will be loveing all my dust ball as the thought of cleaning people in my house does not go over very well. Will is putting in a hidden safe in the house. I plan on taking my Mother's advice, jewelry is to be worn not put in a box so put that ring on your finger and enjoy it. Most importantly I thank God for listening to my prayers and bringing this ring back to me so that someday I will be able to give it to Annalise. God is so Good!
I hate to clean my house and with 2 jobs this winter and taking a master class something had to give and I was so happy to find some cleaning people. I checked their references and gave them a try. To be honest with you they did a crappie job. Last Friday I was taking a look at what they had done and I realized I forgot to put away one of my jewelry boxes. This small purple candle lives on top of the box. They had not dusted around the box and the candle had been moved off the top of the box and placed on the top of the dresser. My heart dropped, I opened the box to find my Great Aunt's wedding band gone. I franticly looked in all the other places it could be but I knew exactly where it was and it was not there. I immediately called the police and they came in dusted for fingerprints and took my statement. I described the ring and the inscription on the inside "Henry to Clair"with there wedding date of "1942". You can't put a price on the sentimental value of this ring for me. They suggested that I try calling pawnshops. Do you know how many pawnshops there are between Lake Tahoe and Reno hundreds? Will’s advice was to pray and I did. I left many phone calls on the detectives voice mail with no return. On Wed I spoke to the investigator and he said with the precious metals market these days they will just melt down the ring. I bust into tears. I ask if they had spoke to my cleaning people and they said yes that they had cooperated and denied taking the ring. I was not sleeping well, waking up in a sense of panic. I have felt so violated. On Thursday night around 6:30 while curled up in my bed the phone rang it was the detective he had located my ring. It was in a pawnshop in Reno and they had a police hold on it. I'm sure your can imagine the crying a screaming that took place. I asked who took the ring and he told me my cleaning ladies husband. He was a part of the cleaning team. An anonymous tip came in to the detective voice mail sharing who had taken the ring and where it was. The investigator drove down to Reno from Lake Tahoe Friday morning. He phoned me while I was teaching at school and say they had my ring but the inscription was gone it had been erased. They wanted me to come and pick it up ASAP. By 1:30 the ring was placed back in my hand. "Praise God". I was shown pictures of my cleaning people walking into the pawnshop hocking my ring. I identified them. They got a whopping $60 for the ring. I do believe that people should pay consequences for their actions and I will be pressing charges. I don’t want them to do this to anyone else and if they had given the ring back when they were asked the first time things may be different. In the future I will only let reputable cleaning company into my house that are bonded. But for now I will be loveing all my dust ball as the thought of cleaning people in my house does not go over very well. Will is putting in a hidden safe in the house. I plan on taking my Mother's advice, jewelry is to be worn not put in a box so put that ring on your finger and enjoy it. Most importantly I thank God for listening to my prayers and bringing this ring back to me so that someday I will be able to give it to Annalise. God is so Good!
10 comments:
Oh I am so sorry!! Being that I own my own cleaning business, I know how you must feel. Many of my clients have been robbed from previous cleaners and will now only deal with top-notch ones, like me!! :) I charge an ARM AND 2 LEGS, but they know that they can trust me.
I am so glad you got your ring back! I can not imagine what you must of been going through.
Oh wow.. so maddening to have someone just take the ring, but what a blessing it was that it was found and back with you. Love the power of prayer.
Lisa
It is an absolute miracle that you got that back. Oh my word. I would definitely press charges, especially since the ring was damaged by the inscription being removed. What dirtballs (sorry for the cleaning pun)
Wow! What a story! I am so glad you got the ring back. I would be sick if something like that were taken from me, too.
Those people are a piece of work. I hope they get the maximum penalty for their crime!
I'm so happy you got the ring back!! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. God is so good. He has truly been the cornerstone of this entire adoption!!
Hugs,
Carla
Oh my goodness...what a miracle! Wow...it never ceases to amaze me... the nerve of people or should I say stupidity! I'm so happy you got the ring back but I feel so sad that the inscription is gone. Kudo's to the police for working so hard to track down the ring!
Awesome story! glad you got it back.
That is GREAT that you got the ring back.. but I would press charges.. that is crazy..
How scary..
Have a Great week..
I sure hope you give them everything they deserve! Why can't people just be honest these days and not take things that don't belong to them. Bugs the crap out of me I tell you!
If we all could sit around and sing cumbyay the world world be a much better place. I plan to give them what they deserve. Haven't heard anything yet I let you know.
Post a Comment