Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Care Package/Visas/Paperwork

I am climbing down from a mound of paperwork. I just hope everything was done correctly. The Visas are off to the courier and she will hand walk them to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago. It’s pretty scary to put your pass ports in the mail and send them across the country right before you ready to travel but this is the fastest way to get the visas and it should be back by the end of next week. The care package is on its way to Jing Chu. I received an email from a mother of a 3 year old that was just adopted from Shenzhen and she said to decently send a care package because the staff used the pictures to get her daughter ready for the transition and the pictures helped. The care package consists of:

Doll (her favorite toy)
Teddy bear
Blanket
Taggie
Chocolate for the nannies
Lollypops for her and her friends
Who Love Baby photo album
Western States collector’s nickels for the Orphanage director (missed the picture)
Disposible Camera

I slept with the blanket and taggie for about 2 weeks. I chose not to send cloths to make sure she was not wearing them on Gotcha day. I would like to have some cloths from the Orphanage for her to keep. I will be putting them in the bed with her for comfort the first few days. The lollypops are from Trader Joes and are organic. I'll bring more to China. I included a camera but know it may come back empty as most do from Shenzhen. In the pictures in the album are: Jing Chu and myself, Will and I, Lilly, Grandmar, Pop and Auntie Chris and the little blue house under 5 feet of snow. Now it’s off to plug away on travel plans come on TA I need to know when I will have my baby in my arms.

8 comments:

Donna said...

I hope your package arrives and is delivered to your little darling.

In the past, Shenzhen has refused packages (ours never made it). It's weird because other SWI's seem to be much more accepting of this small token of affection from the new family. I hope they've reconsidered their practices since we adopted Gwenny in 2005.

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Paula said...

The care package is perfect. What a great idea to send things with your "scent" on it. You are a smart momma already :)

Paulette said...

Donna

In 2006 HTS come into Shenzhen right before Annalise got there. Things have changed but they are not the best by any meens. My friend says they don't get out much because there is not a play yard for them.

Kim said...

LOVE the package... I am soooo excited for you...
Great things to send.. At least now you can help me when it is my turn...
I LOVE that taggie.. Where did you get it...
I made some , not the best , but they are sooo neat.. I LOVE IT..
Have a Fast Week.. Can't wait to see her in your arms..
HUGS

Robin said...

Maddy has that same tabby blankie and she loves it! I hope your package makes it safely!

bbmomof2boys said...

Good job on your care package!! I couldn't find that little picture book so I just made one up. I also sent some bubbles, candy, a blanket, and an outfit. Now that I read your reasons for not sending the clothes I wish I hadn't but oh well!!

Hey - your Ta will be here before you know it!! trust me - when that happens, things go very quickly!!

Hugs,
Carla

Julie said...

Hope the plans for your trip are going well. I remeber how much we had to sort out and organise before we left- try to have some time our to relax too.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Nice preparations. Your new daughter has chubby cheeks and is really cute. I hope to see pics of the gotcha day.Have a nice trip and happy moments with her.
Best wishes from France