Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Tahoe Girls

Learning how to be a Tahoe Girl from the big girls

Hike to Angora Lakes

I'll just sit here on this rock

So I don't have to stand in the sand

Sand play from my towel

First boat ride

Brigette's big

Cliff

Jump

All smiles

Lookin on WOW

Rowing Back

Beautiful Tahoe Grils

Happy Labor Day Weekend wishing everyone a safe and happy long weekend. Elizabeth, Bridgette and Katie have been her for the past 2 weeks and we have been enjoying the end of a wonderful summer in Tahoe. We took a trip Angora Lakes a small high mountain lake above Lake Tahoe. It is not too long of a hike and the baby jogger did great. The girl's Dad rented a small boat and we rowed out to the cliffs and Bridgette and Katie jumped off for the first time. I missed Katie’s jump on film but got Bridgette's cliff jumping debut. Annalise looked on in amazement. She enjoyed the boat ride until I had to take over the controls and she just could not fit on my lap I had to put her in the bottom of the boat while I rowed us back. The sand is a bit of a problem but we are making progress. I brought a sand box home from work and she is playing with it much better. She will not stand in it by herself. Yesterday we went to a BBQ at Ski Beach and I as able to get her feet off the blanket and berried them in the sand. She even touched the sand with her hands as long as she is sitting on a blanket or my lap. But a shovel still works the best. She is a little bit better every time we go to the Lake. Getting her ready for our trip to Shell Beach next month. Hopefully she will be running in the sand by then.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you have been having TONS of FUN!!!
LOVE the pictures of the girls..
They are sooo cute..
Have a Great Week..

Anonymous said...

It looks like your angel is settling in quite well and enjoying all of the new experiences in her own time. It looks like you two are having a ball. I love checking in and seeing what's up. I'll call soon and figure out your schedule and see if I can make a trip up. I'm feeling left out:).
Love you,
Mish

Kristin said...

Love the pictures of sweet Annalise! I have enjoyed watching her blossom.

My oldest and youngest were both afraid of the sand. It took them both many times of exposure until they adjusted. Keep trying!

Kristin
CCAI WC mom

C's Mom said...

Just beautiful!

Paula said...

The pictures are beautiful! I have never been to Angora Lake. We'll have to go there this fall. Annalise is getting to experience so many new things. I cannot even imagine the wonder that she must be feeling. Its a whole new world.

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

great photos and Great blog. My little girl is from Bao'an.
Thanks for sharing the video on the group.
Love and God bless
Jules

Anonymous said...

Your baby is just so beautiful and will have a wonderful life with you and your family who is so proud and supportive of you both. I have really enjoyed how happy both your parents are of your new addition. Dianne and Jim Fulkerson Blue Lake Springs Arnold

Anonymous said...

I just don't think I could ever get enough.... I just love to watch your progress and all of her firsts. Can't wait to see you in September, it is soon soon :)
Love, Auntie Chris