Here we are out side of Saint Mary’s Hospital today after a MRI. She had her fare share of tears and screaming that’s for sure. They did not want to let me in with her at first I asked to be with her when they put her out after much discussion they let me in. She was a crazy girl coming out of the anesthesia. Not the child I know at all. We have seen the pediatric surgeon in Reno and she agreed with me that going to the experts at the Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati Ohio for revision surgery is the best thing for Annalise. We have a surgery date of Oct 28th. (maybe Connie will get her referral while we are there). I am so sad that I have to put her through this again it breaks my heart. Her surgery at 2 months of age saved her life and got her adopted but is what I call the orphan special. They sure did not hit a home run on this one. They barely got to second base. Her best hope is to go to the Coral Rectal Center to have it cleaned up. We also had an evaluation with Early Intervention this week and she qualified in a few areas. In addition we will get a free evaluation with a developmental pediatrician and get to see a nutritionist as diet is going to be very important. I’m glad to have a good base line on her right now to work from. We also saw our local pediatrician Dr Wang can you believe this she is Chinese and speaks Cantinas. Annalise loved her and had her best doctors visit yet with her. Sure does help when the doctor speaks your language. So now that all the test and evaluation are complete we can get out of here and we are off to Shell Beach tomorrow to play in the waves for a few weeks and try to forget what is yet to come on the medical front.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Medical Journey Begins
Here we are out side of Saint Mary’s Hospital today after a MRI. She had her fare share of tears and screaming that’s for sure. They did not want to let me in with her at first I asked to be with her when they put her out after much discussion they let me in. She was a crazy girl coming out of the anesthesia. Not the child I know at all. We have seen the pediatric surgeon in Reno and she agreed with me that going to the experts at the Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati Ohio for revision surgery is the best thing for Annalise. We have a surgery date of Oct 28th. (maybe Connie will get her referral while we are there). I am so sad that I have to put her through this again it breaks my heart. Her surgery at 2 months of age saved her life and got her adopted but is what I call the orphan special. They sure did not hit a home run on this one. They barely got to second base. Her best hope is to go to the Coral Rectal Center to have it cleaned up. We also had an evaluation with Early Intervention this week and she qualified in a few areas. In addition we will get a free evaluation with a developmental pediatrician and get to see a nutritionist as diet is going to be very important. I’m glad to have a good base line on her right now to work from. We also saw our local pediatrician Dr Wang can you believe this she is Chinese and speaks Cantinas. Annalise loved her and had her best doctors visit yet with her. Sure does help when the doctor speaks your language. So now that all the test and evaluation are complete we can get out of here and we are off to Shell Beach tomorrow to play in the waves for a few weeks and try to forget what is yet to come on the medical front.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Sounds like you have the best doctors and she will be doing very well..
Have fun on your vacation..
Can't wait to see all the beach pictures..
Hugs..
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering what was happening on the medical front. You are doing what needs to be done for your beautiful girl. Hang in there.
I think its the absolute best thing for Annalise to have the surgery. She will thank you when she is older and has normal bowel function.
Have a great time in Shell beach, we'll miss you.
Sounds like all is good and she will have the best care.
Enjoy Shell Beach! I'm wishing I had some time to drive down there and say hi to you both. HUGS!
Ok.. so, I'm just catching up because we've been without power since last Sunday. Glad to hear the tests went well. Our home is still open to you when you come to Ohio. I know we are 90 minutes to Cincy but hey, it's better than living in a hotel :0)
Sounds like she is in great hands. Enjoy your vacation time.
Julie
Thinking of you two. You MUST, MUST, MUST keep me posted on travel plans. I would love to be able to see you both when you are here and keep me posted about plans to stay at hosp or not. I would gladly keep you here. About 25-30 mins from CHMC.
Hey ya! I'm on the fly and can't find YOUR email right now (mine is in my profile).
Anyhoo, drop me a line at cjrcnm@gmail(dot)com and let me know the skinny.
You are a great mom and are doing the best for your little one!! I'll keep her in my prayers.
Hugs,
Carla
Keep me posted, too. I'll find some time to come visit while you're here.
So glad you are getting right on everything even though it's hard. I know He will lead you step by step. Let the peace of God rule your heart and mind, and if you don't feel that peace over a decision don't proceed until you do. Think of how brave you were to have the pro disc, now your little one will follow in your footsteps and you are so well prepared to be her advocate and medical supervisor. God did a wonderful thing in putting the two of together
Post a Comment