I am doing everything I can to get Annalise prepared for the upcoming surgery on Oct 28 at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. The only doctor kit I could find was an animal hospital but it did have a few items that we use on each other and of course the Baby. We also visited with Sonya my friend from China and we talked about how the doctors were going to fix her owwy. She even said hurt in Mandarin to Sonya when she pointed to it. It must not be very comfortable for her. I was able to get in touch with the Children’s Life Center at Cincinnati Children’s hospital this is a whole other department that helps children to cope with their stay and every procedure. Sara knew my worries and has sent picture for me to share with Annalise. They have every base covered and just knowing we will be with the best in the world help put me at easy a bit. We have made our way to Texas to visit with my cousin Tommy and Alyssa and their 4 kids. It is so wonderful to see them all together at last. This is also a great way for me to keep my mind off what is just one week away.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Dr Annalise
I am doing everything I can to get Annalise prepared for the upcoming surgery on Oct 28 at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. The only doctor kit I could find was an animal hospital but it did have a few items that we use on each other and of course the Baby. We also visited with Sonya my friend from China and we talked about how the doctors were going to fix her owwy. She even said hurt in Mandarin to Sonya when she pointed to it. It must not be very comfortable for her. I was able to get in touch with the Children’s Life Center at Cincinnati Children’s hospital this is a whole other department that helps children to cope with their stay and every procedure. Sara knew my worries and has sent picture for me to share with Annalise. They have every base covered and just knowing we will be with the best in the world help put me at easy a bit. We have made our way to Texas to visit with my cousin Tommy and Alyssa and their 4 kids. It is so wonderful to see them all together at last. This is also a great way for me to keep my mind off what is just one week away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Paulette,
You should be able to get a interpreter at the hospital, just contact guest services. The worst part for us was getting the pic line I wish I had asked for something to "chill" Sophie out.
She's a pretty cute dr! I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Annalies.
Donna
My thoughts and prayers are with you both..
She will do fine .. she has mommy with her..
Hugs girly..
Keep us updated...
Hugs..
It's so hard NOT to be anxious. Keeps eyes on the good things after surgery and it will make the process a bit smoother. You've got lots of good thoughts coming to you and your daughter...no doubt about that!
Paulette, I'll be keeping you both so close in my prayers... glad you're having a good visit in texas before this next week... :)
Hang in there, I know she'll be a little trooper. These Shenzhen girls are tough! Got the package you sent. The music is great! And Alayna is definitely singing the "Mama Song". Thank you so much!
-Heather
This is hard, but I know you all will do great and it will further forge your strong bond. We are with you all the way! Great that you are role playing with her. I know she is about to win the hearts of a lot more nurses and doctors who will do all that they can to comfort her and do a great job.
Paulette, you and Annalise are in my prayers. Just an FYI: My 8 year old just had ear surgery and she said she was so scared when they put the mask over her face (this was her 3rd surgery) and wished that I was there with her. I saw another mother go back with her older daughter so I realized that I had made a mistake not asking to do the same.
I recorded a relaxation tape on my iPod and that helped me wait through the 4 hour surgery. It is hard on Moms, too!
Nancy
Post a Comment