I have dreamed of the day I would share Christmas with my daughter. I have collected so many beautiful ordainments that I have longed to show her and the day I could set up a tree with her and listen to Christmas carols while the fire rages in the firer place. Now the time is here and I can’t even get to my Christmas boxes.
Annalise did not tolerate the next meds they put her on this week and it has sent us into another tail spin trying to find a local doctor that will try to help us. She was up all night and could not sleep on this med. Between trying to get the house ready for the big storm on its way this weekend and wadding through the daycare mess Charismas still lives in the attic. Tonight I crawled up there and sat with my boxes and chose 3 small boxes to carry down the ladder. I am afraid of a ladder that’s how I broke my back 3 years ago so I decided to take only the ones I could handle. With Christmas carols playing in the backround I opened the boxes and placed out a little Christmas cheer. No lights no tree this year just a few Santas.
We have 2 doctors’ appointments in the Bay Area before Christmas and then we will be going to spend Christmas with my family. It just seems pointless to get it all out now. I know she is still young and does not like trees anyways. We will just look forward to the next year when she understands what all this hipe is all about anyways. Wishing you all a little Christmas Cheer.
9 comments:
Our first Christmas home I couldn't "do it" all either, so we enjoyed Christmas at my sister's house. This year will also be very low key here in China. What is important is being together and eating gingerbread men, as I see you all are doing. Know that there are many Christmases ahead for you and it won't always be hard like this. Annalise will have fun regardless and you will keep asking, seeking, and knocking until you get her the care she needs. Love and hugs.
I'm so hoping you get Annalise medicine that works for her... No worries about the Christmas tree, it's just not important in the big scheme of things. Annalise won't really understand til next year, and even more so at 4yo. You have lots of Christmas fun to look forward to in the coming years :-) I'm keeping you are in my thoughts-
Keep pushing - keep asking, pushing, shoving - whatever it takes!! I know you will find the right meds for your little sweetie!
Christmas is a time of year for family and that is what you're going to give her and what you've given her. Next year you can take down some more of those precious ornaments to share with her!!
Hugs,
Carla
I'm still praying for you guys and I know the very best part of Christmas you already have in your hearts and the very best gift HE'S already given to you now!! I pray for peace, comfort and love this holiday for you!!!
Blessings from Canada (where we are getting lot's of snow too!!!)
Love Dawn
It will be a wonderful Christmas because you are together. And in the years to come, you will share all those special ornaments with Annalise, and she will love them! Christmas is never going to be the same for you. You will get to experience it through the eyes of a child again! What a blessing!
I'm so sorry that the medical issues have not been resolved yet. I'm sure you are at your wit's end. I pray that the Lord will give you the strength you need to endure, and that He will send the right people into your lives to get you through it all.
I wouldn't do it all either..
I sure hope one of the Dr.'s gets Annalise on the right med's..
I have been thinking of you girly..
Things will get better..
You will have an AMAZING Christmas.HUGS>..
...and you think WE'RE doing it all?
I need to pick myself off the floor...I can't stop laughing!
Isn't it amazing how overwhelming parenting can be, and for you even more so, because of all that is going on. I'm sending you big hugs, and I'm praying hard that you get some *#! answers that help your daughter SOON.
Love
Kel
I hope you find some answers on the med front during your upcoming visits. I'm thinking of you both.
Enjoy your time with family...tis the season.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Sorry to hear that you haven't found the right med yet. Yes, I agree, this is not the time for you to be climbing up on ladders!
Post a Comment