Saturday, January 24, 2009

Always Come Back


Always come back is our new favorite saying. Annalise says it when we get to daycare and is the first thing she says when she sees me again. There has been a lot of crying on both sided and by Friday I had to pry her off my neck. I am trying not to prolog the agony for both of us and get my butt out the door as fast as I can. Ali says by the time I am to the end of the driveway (she has quite a long driveway) she stops crying. She is enjoying spending time with her little friends and talks about them all the time. She is beginning to fit right in and be treated like just another sibling. There has been a bit of hitting and biting as well as taunting from them so lets just say Ali has her hands full but she is good at it. The transition back to work has gone well for me my sub did a great job and left everything is great order. It has been great to see the kids again and meet a few new ones. Our school distinct is facing some serious budget cuts and many jobs are on the line. The moral stinks and this is the hardest part of being back. I should be pretty safe because I am in Special Education and been with the district for over 16 years. But really no one is safe these days. It’s pretty scary for so many these days and I fall into the same category. I have to make some hard decisions to make and figure out what I am going to do I will share that at another time. Right now I am just praying that God give me the strength to be separated from my beautiful daughter and helps me to make the right sacrifices so we can survive this financial crisis along with the rest of the world.

7 comments:

Robin said...

I know it's hard now to be away when Annalise cries for you but just wait until the day comes when you go to drop her off and she just walks off to play and says "bye mommy". no hugs needed because she is perfectly happy. Now THAT is a sad day in deed for us mommies! :0)

I'm so glad things are getting back to more normality for you. As much as you miss your time away from Annalise, I'm sure it definitely feels good to be back to your ole self again.

We think about you both often. Maddy always mentions Annalise. (esp when she sees little dollys at the store like hers) And, when she sees her pictures on the computer when mommy is reading the blog, she calls out her name. She definitely knows who she is and then she will say.. "i Lub Awlise"

Joannah said...

I love that picture of you two!

So, Nevada is having a hard time, too? I thought it was just California. I'm sorry. I know what you're going through a little bit. Lots of economic uncertainty. Good thing God is on His throne. He will meet our needs.

((hugs))

Kim said...

It is sooo hard to see your baby crying.. but it is good for you both...
HUGS..
Have a great weekend..

Paula said...

Well the first week is down, it should get easier and easier. That is great that Ali can watch her. What a comfort for you to know she is in good hands.

Christi and Abbey said...

Proud of you both!!

C's Mom said...

That's a beautiful picture.

Always come back...good words to live by in more than the literal sense. The hard times will fade and the good will always come back.

Kayce said...

I love the saying you both have, just love it. We were in Morro Bay this weekend and you and Annalise were on my mind a few times.

The budget cuts are too scary, the moral at our school has been awful too. I know I'll be one of the first cuts, but I had a feeling that would be when I took the job. I'm still praying that a miracle will happen for our state.