Friday, May 01, 2009

Annalise's Red Thread Story



Here it is the public version of Annalise's Read Thread Story. The only difference with his version is how it starts. I put her birth parent’s letter in the original version but will leave it up to her someday if she chooses to share the letter publicly. I’m sure you understand. Torrie did an incredible job documenting the letters we received she really brought them to life as well as bringing our entire journey together. I can’t tell you how many times I have watched this video with Annalise. She loves her movie and enjoys seeing her Mama on referral day, her Lucy doll on the great wall and gets so excited when we are on our way to go get Annalise the star of the movie and she appears from behind the curtain. She feels sad for little Chu Chu on Gotcha Day when she is crying and can mimic her own wine. I think her memory of Gotcha Day is much stronger then I originally thought it was. I find it interesting that she does not seem to recognize her Shenzhen HTS Grandma who is the one holding her on Gotcha Day. That memory may have slipped away as she began to bond with me and embrace her new life. I was a bit worried that watching the video may stir up some unsettling emotions in Annalise but instead I think it is helping her process everything that has happened in the last 10 months. Most of all I hope this video helps her to know that she will be loved forever and ever by her Mama and her new family.

11 comments:

Joannah said...

Bravo! I loved every minute of it.

What a wonderful way to document your journey.

:-)

Anonymous said...

careepaWhat an incredible story and a beautiful way to tell it! Loving you both and missing you too! When can you come for another visit?
Mish

kitchu said...

oh man, that was the BEST~!!! i have LOVED red thread stories since adoption one and have waited FIVE long years to use them... so cannot wait for MY TURN!!!! :O) (smiling big)... love your song choices!!!! and man your girl has such a great grin!

LauLau Lawlor said...

LauLau loves it with many tears of JOY.

Robin said...

Very cool!

Megan said...

Torrie did a beautiful job! I didn't realize that you have pictures and video of Annalise from before. Priceless!!! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I really love my granddaughter more than ever, and love to see my Paulette grow into motherhood. Many tears of joy!!!!! PopPop

Christi and Abbey said...

Oh it was so wonderful!!
Our girls will have the same opening song for their movies, that's the one I choose before I ever got Abbey...but of course I haven't gotten around to doing the movie yet! What a treasure you two can always cherish. I loved hearing you say how it's helping her process, that will motivate me to get Abbey's done when we get back.
Love to you both. Hope it's going well.

copperdog said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I loved watching The Red Thread Story today, Mother's Day. I keep thinking about what great memories this day will now have for you and Annalise. You worked hard for this dream and now both of you are the picture of what Mother's Day is all about. Love you both. Lynne

Colleen said...

I have been a long time lurker, but I wanted to post and say that the video was so beautiful!