
I received a call from Daycare yesterday around 1:00 pm. Ali and I talk all the time so it is no big deal when she calls but I always answer her calls right away because she it the most important person in my world when Annalise is in her care. She sounded frantic and said she needed to bring Annalise to the ER. I told her I would meet her right there. All I knew was she was jumping on the bed and fell off what a monkey she is. When she told me it was her arm I was so relieved it was not her head or her neck. She has broken the end of her humorous (upper arm) at the elbow. She put her hand out what we call in my profession a protective response I am so proud of her. At this time she does not need surgery and will be in a splint until next week if all goes well they will put her cast on. The first thing she said was take it off. I so wish I could. I can’t tell you how happy I am it’s her left arm and her right thumb is free to comfort herself.
We are laying low for the next few days eating our favorite things and watching our favorite shows. She is playing and asking for help when she wants to do things with 2hands. What a trooper this little girl is and we will get through this too. Had to share this shot of her falling asleep on the way home from the doctors office today with blue lips from the sucker and playing with the stickers she got for being such a good girl.
11 comments:
Oh, bless her heart! If it isn't one thing, its another! Take care.
-Heather
Poor baby girl. You'll have to sing the monkeys jumping on the bed song. Maddy just LOVES that song.. esp at the end when the doctor says..."no more monkeys jumping on the bed"
Hugs from Maddy and I
It was that darn monkey song that caused her to jump on the bed. she loves that song. 2 year olds are so literal and now she really gets it.
Oh No! so sorry to hear about her accident. She is in my prayers
thank god she's okay!! wish i could sign her bandage :O) hope she's all better soon!
Oh poor little baby!
Oh no... my niece broke her arm at about 18 mths old. She was bracing herself for a fall, too. Hope it heals quickly.
PS. Also so sorry to hear about your dog.
I'm glad she's ok and like you said it wasn't her head. Thank the lord for that.
Take care!
:)
ohh...sweet baby!! My oldest son broke his elbow last winter falling down some icy steps. No fun!
Hugs,
Carla
Poor baby, I had no idea. Sounds like she is doing well. Hopefully she learned her lesson! And of course, right in time for your final home study. Ours ended with Ryan screaming that I was the "worst mom ever" for not giving him marshmallows at 5:30 before dinner.
Glad she is on the mend. Tami
ryan form ges did annaliese break her arm imsorry that you broke your arm (from Ryan obviously!)
Post a Comment