My neighborhood is on a boil water mandate for the next week. Some of the ground water leaked into the main water supply system. Could be due to the high ground water from the last 2 big winters. We have been told to boil the water for 1-minute before drinking it personally I’ve taken stock in Arrowhead water and put bottles of water in all the bathrooms and 2.5-gallon containers all around the house. We are not suppose to wash dishes in it, wash food or brush your teeth with it. It’s like dry camping at home. Giardia is nothing I want to experience. My x-boy friend complained of giardia from ingesting mountain water. He was a paraplegic and nothing worse then a paraplegic with diarrhea. Anyhow, everything has to go through the dishwasher or be boiled. Little bugs in my water creep me out these days and I think of what the water is like in China. Wonder if there is Arrowhead in China?
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Don’t Drink the Water
My neighborhood is on a boil water mandate for the next week. Some of the ground water leaked into the main water supply system. Could be due to the high ground water from the last 2 big winters. We have been told to boil the water for 1-minute before drinking it personally I’ve taken stock in Arrowhead water and put bottles of water in all the bathrooms and 2.5-gallon containers all around the house. We are not suppose to wash dishes in it, wash food or brush your teeth with it. It’s like dry camping at home. Giardia is nothing I want to experience. My x-boy friend complained of giardia from ingesting mountain water. He was a paraplegic and nothing worse then a paraplegic with diarrhea. Anyhow, everything has to go through the dishwasher or be boiled. Little bugs in my water creep me out these days and I think of what the water is like in China. Wonder if there is Arrowhead in China?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a drag! I've heard that bottled water is readily available in China and inexpensive. A couple from my agency just took an orphange tour and they posted on our Yahoo group that it's not worth packing bottled water since you can get it there.
I should give you a call so we can make plans for this coming week. :-)
Yuck! Bugs in the water.
We've had boil water advisories around here, and I have never heard of not being able to wash the dishes. That one really got me.
Congratulations on being 1 month logged in. One month closer is always a good thing.
Post a Comment