I have never been very good at this especially when I know what I have done is wrong. I tend to beat myself up and punish myself worse then a mother may punish their child for doing something wrong. But a mother loves unconditionally and forgiveness makes everything better. I did something wrong. I touched something that did not belong to me and it broke. I feel horrible and have apologized in writing and given them money to replace the item. However the individual has only spoken to me once to let me know how upset they were. I have cried for days and I wish I could take back what happened but it was an accident. It would help if they would at least accept my apology and let me know it will be ok in time. I know they have accepted the money they cashed the check. But what about my felling they cannot be replaced with money only with kindness and understanding. I am truly sorry for what happened and I sooooooo need to let this go and forgive myself first and not expect it to come from somewhere elce. Any advice on how to let water run off a ducks back?
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Water Off A Ducks Back
I have never been very good at this especially when I know what I have done is wrong. I tend to beat myself up and punish myself worse then a mother may punish their child for doing something wrong. But a mother loves unconditionally and forgiveness makes everything better. I did something wrong. I touched something that did not belong to me and it broke. I feel horrible and have apologized in writing and given them money to replace the item. However the individual has only spoken to me once to let me know how upset they were. I have cried for days and I wish I could take back what happened but it was an accident. It would help if they would at least accept my apology and let me know it will be ok in time. I know they have accepted the money they cashed the check. But what about my felling they cannot be replaced with money only with kindness and understanding. I am truly sorry for what happened and I sooooooo need to let this go and forgive myself first and not expect it to come from somewhere elce. Any advice on how to let water run off a ducks back?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Paulette -
Just know your intentions. Those intentions were not to harm anything. Besides, if it was a thing, well, that's what it is 'a thing'. Things can always be replaced and the heart that is behind it all is what really matters. Even very special things are things...nothing is more important than the person and their intentions in considering what to be angry about.
It sounds as though you have done all you can to make it 'right' the rest is in the consciousness of the other. You have no control over that.
You know your intentions. Don't let guilt eat you alive.
Paulette, I'm sorry that this is weighing on your heart. I hope the other person involved can put it in the past and move forward.
Post a Comment