Saturday, September 16, 2006

First Freeze

My garden is what it is... I water it... it grows...But at 7000 feet it is a sort season and soon will be covered by feet of snow.


My sunflowers were just ready to bloom and my cosmoses were going off. They are the only anuals I have in my garden. This is just a small sample of my wild garden.


Last night it got cold and I turned the heater on for the first time of the year. People said they saw snow flakes.


So I broke out the garbage bags ...

But it did not
work : (




At least I was able to save the ones in pots. I brought them in side.

I'm sill hoping for an Indian summer to come back. Off to stoke the fire.

6 comments:

Joannah said...

Your garden looks like it WAS beautiful before Jack Frost paid you a visit. Oh, well! I know how you love that cold weather! ;-)

C's Mom said...

It was beautiful and will be again.

Love that last pic of the potted flowers. So pretty and bright!

Polar Bear said...

The flowers in the pot are beautiful. I can't believe it is almost fall already.

Sorry about the sunflowers.

Dawn and Dale said...

It's soooo cold here already too!! Frost on the grass this morning.....brrrrrr......

Winter here we come!

t~ said...

Oh, so sad, that garden was beautiful! Thanks for reminding me of another reason why I love Florida!

Tamara said...

Your garden is very pretty and inviting. It still looks great right up to frost- mine on the other hand is ready to go- but we won't have frost for quite a while yet.