
It has been a year now since I was awarded a singles slot with CCAI. From the day I found my agency to the day I was off and chasing papers was only 2 and 1/2 weeks. At times I could hardly breath things were moving so fast. Elizabeth, my good friend asked me how I would feel if I didn't try to adopt? I knew I would regret the opportunity forever. I just had to move forward with my dream. Now knowing I will be one of the last singles to adopt from China makes me know even more this is my chance of a lifetime. I was led to this spot it was just waiting for me. Everything is just how it is suppose to be. It's amazing to think how far I have come in one year, how much I have learned and what support I found in this adoption community. OK I’m having one of those sqwooshy moments when I get so warm inside and so happy. Which is good because I just leaned about the steps I will have to take to renew my home study.
2 Letters of Reference
New Doctors Letter
Financial Statement
Local Police Report
1 Home Visit
Fee
I shutter at how many cutie dresses I could get for $900. In Nevada your Home Study is good for only 1 year. My Home Study expire on May 24 and so here we go again off on the paper chase #2.
4 comments:
Know whatcha mean!!!
Ditto all of that...
thank goodness we started this when we did!
I'm so sorry you have to do that already! I can't believe that I don't have to worry about it for another seven months or so. All I have to do here, is updated medical, financial, and fingerprints @ the state level. Even so, it will cost me close to $2k - the medical is the most expensive for me because my insurance won't (didn't) cover it. But, I'm going to see what I can do about that... ;-)
I am so on the same page with you... I got in just under the radar and am about a month away from being DTC... I do hope China relaxes the restrictions in the future, and I'm hopeful that they will one day.
Good luck with getting everything done for your update.
All the best,
Kris
Post a Comment