Quote from CCAI:
It is okay to have your fingerprints or I-171H expires while in process. You just cannot travel to China for the adoption without a current I-171H or fingerprint clearances. The CCAA only needed the I-171H to be current at the time of your dossier submission and they know that it is your responsibility to meet immigration requirements to travel to China at the time of your referral and travel.
We will continue to monitor the timelines and may suggest you actually even wait a month or two after the I-171H expires to begin the process of obtaining a second one. We want to be sure that families do not need to update their fingerprints a third time if at all possible. If you or your agency has any questions, please let us know. Hang in there and we will all keep in touch along the way.
More good information from CCAI:
The CCAA has not been requesting for the I-171H to valid at time of
review any longer as they understand that for some families, it might
actually force them to re-do the process a third time. So, in most
case, as long as the initial I-171H that was filed with their dossier
was current and for China, they are not routinely asking for one at time
of review.
In terms of the review room for June 2006, our best guess is
that they have begun reviewing the May 2006 dossiers now so I would
think that they would be working on June 2006 dossiers later in June or maybe early July
1 comment:
They surely make you jump through hoops to adopt a baby! Your patience is awesome. Whenever I go for a haircut, Colleen asks about you.be seeing you soon Dad
Post a Comment