Thursday, May 31, 2007

Look out "Vent" below

Why are people so self absorbed can’t they see that there is more to this world then what is just in front of them. That working in Special Education takes a team approach. As teachers we are suppose to be here for the kids not for ourselves. Yes it’s a job and I do it for the paycheck even though it is hardly enough to live off of. But most of all I do my job because I love kids and I want to make a difference in their lives and make there day special. Today I had a teacher dump her kids on me without support from the paraprofessional. I begged them not to do it and they just laughed and walked off. This has been my most difficult group that I teach Adapted Physical Education for, 7-10 student 3 years of age, a few 4 year olds that are realy more like 2, all with developmental and physical disabilities. I have busted my butt for this class all year and in the end they just treated me like their baby sitter. Boy I can’t wait for the end of the year. This teacher is leaving and I will never have to work with her again.

“Don’t let the door hit you in the a** on your way out”

OK I think I’m feeling better now.

6 comments:

Christie said...

Married to a teacher...totally get it!

Sometimes you just gotta vent!

Cheers~

Unknown said...

bless you~

Anonymous said...

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Phillippians 2:3

That woman needs to learn to act this way. Paulette, you're the better person. :)

Polar Bear said...

Ooohhhhh! Those teachers make my blood boil. I get so angry when the pass off their duties. I feel for you.

I wish I could help with the IEPs, but I have plans to sleep in on Monday, get up and have a late breakfast. Maybe around 11 I'll shower and think about what to do for the day. :)

Sorry ~ I know you will get me back when I am going back the first part of August and you are sleeping in. :)

C's Mom said...

Good! Sometimes you just gotta let it out :0)

Joannah said...

I'm sorry! That just stinks!