The sky turn orange and then gray around 3:00pm, Sure enough FIRE! It broke out around 2:30 on the Southwest side of South Lake Tahoe. I live on the Southeast side. So I am out of harms way for now. By 5:00 over 50 homes were gone and more evacuation are being ordered. The Angora Fire is way out of control 500 acors and growing. It is very windy and has been raining ash and is getting very smoke. Please pray that they get a handle on it. What a sad day for South Lake Tahoe.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope all are out of harms way and the damage is under control soon.
Oh Lord - praying for your safety and your home...
So sorry to hear about this! I lived in No. CA for almost 30 years, and visiting Tahoe was a regular thing. Very familiar with the area of which you are speaking.
Terrible!
OMGosh.. I'm so sorry to hear about another fire. Hopefully they can get this under control very soon before any more homes are destroyed.
Thankfully, you are out of harms way. I'll be praying it stays that way!
I hope things are under control now. Stay Safe.
Just heard about this on the news and immediately thought of you! Please keep us posted. I hope the firefighters can get this under control before any more homes are lost.
My prayers are with you and your community.
((hugs))
Post a Comment