Sunday, July 08, 2007

Family, Friends, Bike Ride, BBQ and a Medical Rescue



This past week as been filled with family, friends and lots of kids. It has been so wonderful to have Elizabeth, Brad and the kids here. Then my cousin Tommy and his family arrived, as did my parents and Elizabeth’s mom. On Saturday we started with an early morning bike ride and then had a BBQ back at the house. I would have been on the ride but was expected too many people so I sent them off and stayed back to get it all ready. While in the shower the phone rang it was Brad, one of the bike riders had dislocated his shoulder and was in a heap of pain and needed to be rescued. So I got in my car and took off for the trailhead and had to 4-wheel in 7 miles to find them off the Tahoe Rim Trail. Needless to say I abandoned the party prep and getting ready myself. After an excruciating ride out I handed Dave off to another friend and off they went to the hospital. I joined the party already in progress. We lots of great food and the kids were having a great time on the new playground that we built in the backyard. We acquired a slide, steps and the rings from a resort that was ripping out their old play ground and built the rest to fit. It is a work in progress and will also have swings and a roof some day. Back to the party the kids played water balloon beach towel volleyball, (I would not let them use each other as human targets). And guess who walked in, Dave fresh from the hospital. Shoulder in place and ready to eat. Everything turned out great and I so enjoyed having a full house of people and the voices of children playing together. I just can’t wait for one more to be here. She will be so blessed to have such a wonderful family and great friends to play with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! What a great playground. I can imagine us having Annalise's birthday parties back there!

Unknown said...

Thats awesome..glad everyone had fun!

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the whole weekend and are extremely grateful to Will. Brad and Elizabeth are wonderful friends. We loved sharing The Ridge with Tommy and gang. Our prayers for you and Annaliese continue. Dad