Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dreams Do Come True



What an incredible day. I had the honor today of meeting Christy and Abbey. I can’t begin to express how much this met to me that Christy opened her home and shared her little joy from China with me. But she actually shared so much more. Abbey is incredible, sweet and such a love she warmed up to me right away and we had so much fun together, I was in heaven. Hope I did not mess up her schedule too much. There was not time for naps or hair boas, we had more fun playing with the gift bag then the actual gift "Priceless" Abbey is getting pretty good with the stairs these days and even took some steps without holding on to anything. Can you believe I did not get a picture of Christy and Abby together, she sure loves her Mommy however it was a challenge just taking pictures of a 2 year old that doesn’t stop moving. Christy made a wonderful lunch and we shared the stories and passed a box of tissues back and forth. It is so amazing how our lives parallel each other in so many ways. Having the chance to learn from Christy’s experience is invaluable. The biggest thing she shared with me today was how important it is to have faith in Gods plan for this adoption. That he is hard at work weaving it all together and that I can’t have my baby right now because the time is not right. I needed to hear that. I know she may not even be born yet. She as well as I need more time to grow. I need more time to grow in my faith in God’s plan for this Adoption. As I left Christy shared a CD of her testimony with me. As I drove along the ocean and listened to the CD tears streamed down my face. What an amazing expereance this day has been. I learned most of all that dreams really do come true. Thank you Christy and Abbey for helping me to hold on to my dreams.

8 comments:

Robin said...

That Christy is an amazing woman I tell you. I have not met her in person but her words of wisdom were so helpful to me when we were trying to make our decision about our SN referral! How lucky for you that God allowed you the experience of each other in person. :-) Your time will come and I'll be right there to follow along your journey! You're an amazing, loving and giving person Paulette.. believe in yourself and His plans for you!

Joannah said...

Christi is an amazing example of faith and obedience. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet her and Abbey.

Aloha! ;-)

Polar Bear said...

What a wonderful day! Christie sounds like an amazing person. Abbey is adorable! I am so happy you had such a great day!

C's Mom said...

What a treasure of a visit. I know how uplifting those sweet little ones and their mamas can be!

Anonymous said...

Christy gave you some great advice. I beleive that it all works out in God's time. Too bad us humans are always trying to rush Him along. Annalise will be here before you know it and then it will seem as though she had always been there.

Christie said...

Awwww! How sweet - and love the pictures!

Lisa and Tate said...

I have been so comforted and in awe of Christi's faith and story. I think all these setbacks for me is just the reassurace that I need to continue with what I know to be true.

Lisa

Christi and Abbey said...

So sweet! We were honored to have you and feel so blessed to have you woven into our experience. I am so excited to see your story unfold and can't wait until we meet your daughter.