Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home Sick

Lilly is the best home remedy when your sick she just snuggles right in and loves to spend the day in bed with me. I’m living a dog’s life that’s for sure. But I’m feeling much better today after sleeping all afternoon yesterday was even able to eat breakfast this morning. I got my flue shot this year for the first time and so far so good. The flue this year is deadly and even my boss came down with pneumonia. An 11-year-old girl lost her life by this flue last week in our neighboring city (God bless her and her family). I was not going to take a chance and decided to lay low for a few days. I have been burning the candle at both ends. Pulled 7 days straight last week by working both Sat and Sun at Heavenly. It was worth it I got $110 in tip on Sun. In addition to working 2 jobs I’m taking 1 masters class Human Growth and Development and am way behind on my assignments. This is an on line class and the reading is horrendous. Besides the 2 textbooks, I have to read 2 free reading books on child psychology interesting but so very dry. I can’t tell you the last time I read a 300-page book let alone in 2 weeks. I am looking for a psychology book on adoption if you know of one please let me know and I will see if she will accept it. I am currently reading “The Absorbent Mind” by Maria Montessori. Thank goodness I was able to get it on CD. Hope it gets better as I get father in. It starts off with a discussion on creation and evolution gives both equal wait, does not choose sides, but how can anyone not believe in the creator of the universe. What I find interesting is how hard they try to explain how we came to be they still can’t figure it out. I guess that one I will have to save for the day I get to ask God all my unanswered questions about life. I’ll keep you posted on if I like this book or not.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Paulette,
sad to hear that your not feeling well. So glad you got the flu shot, hannah and I did too.
Wow, thats a lot of tips, girl! way to go.
Thanks for adding on as blog author for me. If you ever want invite a friend as a reader feel free. You can do it on your own now.
I did have to buy several books on adoption for our home study. A few of them were really dry for me, but they may be what you want. I'll email you with the titles and you can see if you want to borrow any of them.
Love, Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey Paulette

Paulette said...

hi Paulette, hope you feel better soon...I've been fighting a wicked bug out here too!

Robin said...

sorry you are under the weather. Hoping you feel better real soon.

Interesting how people keep trying to believe we just "evolved" from some cell somewhere and that nobody had anything to do with it. I'm with you.. guess I'll have to ask God all those questions one day when I have the awesome pleasure of meeting him!