Douglas County is one of the most unique counties in Nevada we have a corner of Lake Tahoe that’s were I live on the top of the mountain that leads to the Carson Valley were there are beautiful pasture and fields filled with horses, cows and a Zonkey. I pass this guy very day on my way to work he definitely will catch you eye as you dive buy. He is a cross between a zebra and a donkey thus you get a Zonkey. He is also a pretty friendly character a friend took her 3 year old and fed him carrots. It’s also the time of the year when all the new baby calves are born. People will line the pastures with their camera’s to get a shot of the eagles swooping in to eat the cow after birth. It is all about the circle of life. When I see these new little babies frolicking in the fields, I know spring is just around the corner. But when I get home to the 8+ feet of snow in my yard it’s a completely different feeling. I look forward to the days ahead when Annalise and I dive to the Valley and get to experience all of the nature and new life and especially look for our Zonkey everyday.
Update: Really there is such a thing called a Zonky check out this web sight.
6 comments:
It's not very often you get to see a Zonkey on your way to work, that is cool. I've never even heard of such a thing!
I have never heard of a Zonkey! Who knew?
I've never heard of a Zonkey either. Pretty cool looking if you ask me. I wonder.. are they as fast as zebras or more slow like donkeys????
Really there is such a thing called a Zonkey check out this sight:
http://www.spotsnstripes.com/PhotoAlbum4Zorses.htm
Robin that is a great question. They say they can do everything a horse or a donkey can but I bet they fast too.
Dare to be different!
I LOVE that Zonkey.
I went on google searching for exactly this.
Whenever i drive up to tahoe i see the zonkey.
The first few times i thought i was seeing things.
What a stunning creature.
Glad im not the only one whos sees that one.
Post a Comment