Monday, March 03, 2008

Dinner Club


Finally! It was my time to host Dinner Club at the end of Jan but with all the snow we had to cancel not once but twice. So that met I bought all the makings not once but now 3 times. So I can’t tell you how happy I was to finally be able to try my Chinese cooking out on the girls. We had an open spot at the table because one girl had to bow out so that left me with both the main and the sides to make. At Church on Sunday I sat with Paula and asked her if she would like to come to Dinner. (drop her an email if you would like to read her blog it's a great read)
I’m not sure she know what she was getting herself into but she is now the newest member of the Dinner Club. Her she is holding Dawson our yongest and the only boy alowed in the club. This is a group of girls, no more then your table can hold we now have 6, that splits up making a dinner together once a month. The host picks the theme, I did Chinese New Year, one lady brings the beverage and the others bring, appetizer, salad, a side dish and we would not forget desert of course. I made a tofu stir-fry vegetable, all colors of bell peppers and asparagus in a hoisin/ginger sauce with sticky sweet rice in coconut milk and pork tenderloin in a sweet and spicy pineapple sauce. I always eat too much at dinner club and last night was no exception. I had every one sit at the island so I could have company while I cooked. Of course Paula fit right in to the conversation about babies, breast-feeding, marriage, sex, you get the picture the cool thing was now the conversation was also on adoption I just loved that. It was great and dinner club will never be the same and I am so glad to have our new edition. I had started a blog for it a few years ago but it was not set up right so I deleted it. It may be time for use to start a new one.

3 comments:

Paula said...

It was really fun, thanks for inviting me, I WAS doing well on my diet (lost 1 lb), but after last night I gained it back, it was worth it! I'm already trying to rack my brain about which theme I will choose,

Kim said...

Sounds like a wonderful time...
Looks beautiful...
Have a Great Week...

Joannah said...

I think that sounds like a great idea. I tried to start something similar with a few coworkers a few years ago, but they were flakes and it went nowhere after I had them over for dinner. Oh, well... My house isn't that great for entertaining anyway. Someday, we'll have a bigger house and then we're going to entertain!

:-)

BTW - your place looks great!