Monday, June 30, 2008

Arms of Half the Sky


Look what was in my email this morning. Those of us immersed in China Adoption will recognize the yellow t-shirt from Half the Sky Foundation. I busted into tears when I saw them together. It is so comforting to know she is with HTS. My friend says she is cubby how cool is that she looks so healthy. They have cut her bangs a bit but I am so glad to see they are letting the rest of her hair grow. She still looks a bit bewildered about this person that is coming to visit and taking pictures. Will (my travel companion) is going to have his work cut our for him in China good thing we have a good telephoto lens. She is saving her first smile for me. If we get the first CA I will have her in my arms in 2 weeks. I did hear that it may be tomorrow before I know for sure.

6 comments:

Kim said...

She is BEAUTIFUL....
Look at her eyes....
You will have her soon..
HUGS

Anonymous said...

She looks great! I can't wait for her to be in your arms instead. Won't be long now :)

-Heather
www.godzeera.com/blog

Paula said...

Oh Paulette, she is so darling, it brings tears to my eyes. I love her eyes and her porcelein skin. What a treat for you to get that picture.

Hebnix said...

Just wanted to say that I am so happy for you. I teared up a bit, just looking at her. Especially to know that half the sky is taking such good care of her. How reassuring!
Can't wait to watch as you travel!
And my fingers are crossed that they hurry!

(her name is Torrie) said...

Oh my goodness, she is so stunning. I love her haircut. She looks so ready for you to come get her. Just a few more days...

Christi and Abbey said...

I didn't know what you meant the other day when we talked about the HTS photo, now I get it! She is just so sweet and you are right...she's saving her smiles for mama and I can't wait to see them. So excited for you. FYI, a friend from my travel group is there right now (baby#2) and all the sudden they moved her CA up by a day. Those things happen, we had the day we met our daughters pushed out one day. You kind of have to go with the flow. Excited to see how this all works out.