One week under my belt and it has been going pretty good. My time to blog is so limited and I have so much more to share from the trip on Together Forever I don’t want to beak the flow with a home post so I am coming back over here. It stared off a bit rocky but when I got out the update I received on Gotcha-day Zhao Jing Chu Orphanage Schedule to the hour and following it! She doing much better and by day 3 was sleeping through the night in her own bed. But Mamma’s bed is much better. But she rolled off so we now have to sleep in the crib. We have had many first and it has been great to have Lau Lau and Pop Pop around to help out. They are staying at the Ridge Tahoe and there is a great little playground across the street. She love the slide. Cousin David, my sister Linda and Tom arrived yesterday and David helped Annalise down the slide at home. She even walked on the grass for him big progress from coiling up like a snake when she would get close to it. Eating has changed since we got home. We are no longer at a breakfast buffet. She was refusing everything even her conchee and this girl can down a bowl of conchee like no tomorrow. I knew she must be getting huger. (Can you say over stimulated). So I grabbed her face (gently of cource) and opened her mouth and put it a spoon full of conchee and she looked at me like “wow” you know how to do that "too". Since then she has been eating much better for me and knows it is not always a choice. She will try and makes the worce faces on new tasts. She has gone from only wanting to feed herself t Mama feeding every spoon full. I don't mind right now. We had a bit of fun with our yogurt too she does not like to get her hands dirty or her face for that matter. Note the other hand it is out of the way and completely clean. She is very busy and I have had batten down the catches even more on the child proofing. She loves her swing but is terrified of grass and anything prickery looking like a kooshball. The kooshball works great as a child gate when it is in the hall she will not go down there. What an an amazing little girl so full of life and happiness. Everyday is like the best day of her life. So many more good times to come.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Home for a Week
One week under my belt and it has been going pretty good. My time to blog is so limited and I have so much more to share from the trip on Together Forever I don’t want to beak the flow with a home post so I am coming back over here. It stared off a bit rocky but when I got out the update I received on Gotcha-day Zhao Jing Chu Orphanage Schedule to the hour and following it! She doing much better and by day 3 was sleeping through the night in her own bed. But Mamma’s bed is much better. But she rolled off so we now have to sleep in the crib. We have had many first and it has been great to have Lau Lau and Pop Pop around to help out. They are staying at the Ridge Tahoe and there is a great little playground across the street. She love the slide. Cousin David, my sister Linda and Tom arrived yesterday and David helped Annalise down the slide at home. She even walked on the grass for him big progress from coiling up like a snake when she would get close to it. Eating has changed since we got home. We are no longer at a breakfast buffet. She was refusing everything even her conchee and this girl can down a bowl of conchee like no tomorrow. I knew she must be getting huger. (Can you say over stimulated). So I grabbed her face (gently of cource) and opened her mouth and put it a spoon full of conchee and she looked at me like “wow” you know how to do that "too". Since then she has been eating much better for me and knows it is not always a choice. She will try and makes the worce faces on new tasts. She has gone from only wanting to feed herself t Mama feeding every spoon full. I don't mind right now. We had a bit of fun with our yogurt too she does not like to get her hands dirty or her face for that matter. Note the other hand it is out of the way and completely clean. She is very busy and I have had batten down the catches even more on the child proofing. She loves her swing but is terrified of grass and anything prickery looking like a kooshball. The kooshball works great as a child gate when it is in the hall she will not go down there. What an an amazing little girl so full of life and happiness. Everyday is like the best day of her life. So many more good times to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Glad you are doing well. It sounds like you've been busy. Annalise is adorable playing with her kitchen. I'm so happy she's getting over her fear of grass... since your backyard is wall to wall grass !
I am so envious of your playstructure!
Glad to hear you made it home safely! The first week back is always the most difficult, & it sounds like you both cruised through it like champs. Should be a piece of cake from here =)
Sounds like you are doing well..
Love Annalise little pink kitchen... Glad you have had a little help..
Hugs..
Wow, that week went fast. Looks like things are going wonderfully!!
I love that retro kitchen. I've got to see if I can still find one for Maddy. Annalise is a doll!
Welcome home! How is the little missy liking you snuggle lovin' dog?
Welcome home, mama. All the best as you continue to settle in. You are off to a wonderful start.
Okay, now Abbey is wondering if you have her pink kitchen...
We went through the same OT issues about grass, etc for the first year and then it faded out but we really worked on the exposure.
I am so glad that you all are getting into a little routine and I love seeing her in her new home. There's nothing like Mama's bed!
Do you want me to send Will's hat home with a friend and then have him mail it to you all?
Great pictures! I love the pink kitchen ones!! Enjoy your time together doing all things new.
I tell you, your adoption is just a fairy tale. You two girls are perfect together.
We just wanted to extend our congratulations (came over here from Paula's blog) - your daughter looks like she's adapting wonderfully! And her resemblence to Hannah ...... sisters?
We just brought our daughter home from the Hunan province on July 23. She is empress of the household and now she's making it her goal to rule the universe.
We are blessed. Congrats again!
Oh my....she is BEAUTIFUL. I am so happy for you..many many congrats to you.....what a journey/what a reward.
I look forward to hearing more about it.
You go girl!!
-Cindy
Here I am, late as usual!! Welcome home!! Litte Miss is just something! It looks like you guys are doing well.
Hugs,
Carla
what a beautiful little girl you have. Congrats on being home a week and hope your all getting some rest. It takes awhile to get over the jet leg.
I enjoyed following your trip to Annalise. :-) I feel for your sensory issues with the grass and stuff. My Abby was the same way. She wouldn't even walk from the concrete in the garage to the driveway since it looked different. Give her some time and exposure. She'll work her way past it! The food issues will likely improve. I had a hard time with Anna Grace but she will eat most anything now.
Jet lag was a bear for me but once I was past it, we were fine. I hope you all are doing well by now.
Kristin
CCAI WC mom
I absolutely love the pics of David and Annalise, so amazing. She looks like one happy camper. Can't wait to see her in the flesh.
Love,
Auntie Chris
Post a Comment