Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Little Chu Chu


Yesterday I visited with Sonya she is a substitute teacher for our district and was born a raised in China. I brought her Annalise’s Half the Sky Progress notes. Sonya told me what was being said on all 23 pages. I learned so much about my little Chu Chu that was her Orphanage nickname. She has been calling herself Chu Chu and I just did not get it. When I called her Chu Chu for the first time yesterday she gave me the cutest smile and gave me a kiss in the air. She knows I know now. Sonya spoke to her in Mandarin and was shocked at how much she understood for 2 years old. What they said she could say 2 months ago on the notes has improved. So her ability to speak Mandarin has grown in the last 2 months even though while she is learning English and sign language she is so eager to communicate and so dang smart. I also learned that her recovery from surgery was very hard for her and she was in a lot of pain. It just breaks my heart. She also got pneumonia and had to be hospitalized and had a skin rash and was isolated from everyone. Her Grandma was not sure she would remember her after the isolation but she did and Chu Chu was so happy to see her again. Her Grandma also talked about bonding with her and it is such a precious time for both of them. Sonya is going to translate everything into English. I also have the most beautiful picture and I will be sharing soon. She is such an amazing little girl and has been through so much. I’m just so thankful I get to know some of what she experience in the last 2 years. It comforts me to know she will never have to go through anything alone again.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I am sooo glad you have someone who can translate all of the writing..
It is amazing ..
So glad you are both together..
Have a Great Weekend..

Kayce said...

How wonderful to have your friend! Chu Chu is such a lucky girl to have such an awesome mommy.

Paula said...

That is so awesome that Sonya could translate. Chu chu is such a cute little nickname. I am so happy that Annalise loves to be held by her "auntie' Paula :)
What a blessing she is.

Robin said...

Paulette.. what a special gift to have someone who speaks and translates Mandarin for you and ChuChu. also, how special, albeit hard, to have all that information in hand about Annalise's surgery etc. I sure hope her trip to Ohio to see the docs in Cincy goes much better for her. (atleast she'll have the comfort of her mommy!)

Christi and Abbey said...

That's great. What a treasure you have!!