Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Very Hard Day

Day 1 is over thank goodness. What a little trooper Ani is. When we got into the room Eebbee came to life she was so happy to have her new Eebbee doll then things started to roll first was the PICC placement I asked for a sedative to help her through this procedure and I am so glad I did. She was quite a funny on verset (sp?) saying helloooooooooo to everyone she saw and laughing uncontrollably. The child life team is wonderful and we brought the Eebbee videos into the OR room and this really helped. Unfortunately she came down just in time for the G-tube to be put in. I asked for it not to be done in the room to keep the room a safe place but it was not possible. She was quite upset about having something in her nose they had to put arm restraints on her and she was not able to suck her thumb. Not good. She fell asleep but was awakened by Dr Levitt and was not very happy about that and cried so hard she cried out her g-tube and we had to have that procedure all over again. My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest. I tried hard to not let her see me cry. Then it was down stairs again for the contrast enema. Poor little thing but I was so proud of her. It was a rough night as the clean out is almost done and it is going on 7 am. Docs should be here soon for morning rounds so I better sign off her are some pics of the good moments of the day.





19 comments:

Kim said...

Thinking of you girly..
You are both in my thoughts and prayers..
Keep your chin up..
Just think of the outcome..
Hugs..

MississippiZen said...

Praying for both of you as you go through today.

Margie

A Beautiful Mess said...

Good choice on the sedative for the picc line....wish we had that presented to us...it was awful.

Yeah...Soph hated the G-tube too. that should come out though once she is clean as a whistle:)

Thanks for the updates!

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hey is she drinking water? Sophie could have NOTHING (NPO??)

Dawn and Dale said...

Praying for Annalise (and mommy!!!)

Thanks for the prayer request email! Also for the updates here!

We are praying hard today!!

Blessings and love,

Dawn.

Barb & Will said...

Thinking of you sweet Annalise and Paulette!!

Paula said...

Oh Paulette, just reading this makes me want to cry. Poor little thing, all that she has to endure. What a good sport she is and what a caring and loving mommie you are.

RamblingMother said...

Praying for you both. It is so hard to watch our little ones go through such a struggle!

Special K said...

Hang in there. In time all of this will be just a fading memory.
Thinking of you both.

Kayce said...

Paulette...you are BOTH in my constant thoughts and prayers right now. Thank you for keeping us updated. Lots of hugs my friend.

Joannah said...

I'm so sorry that you both have to go through this. You have been in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Hoping for a smooth hospital stay and that NG tube will not cause to much discomfort

C's Mom said...

Hey Paulette...my heart has been with you both today. I am briefly in from a day of 4 births so far and more pending but I wanted to let you know I am sending all the best of thoughts your way.

Hugs - C

Lisa and Tate said...

thoughts and prayers are with you two....

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh dear ones, so glad this is over, and the healing can begin. LauLau's detailed report was very encouraging, and it sounds like what actually HAD to be done was less, rather than more. Blessings to you as the healing begins.
xo, Kaaren the Quilter

Donna said...

My thoughts and prayers are will you too!

Donna

Tami said...

You're guy are both in our thoughts and prayers. Tami, Ralph, Ryan and Anna

Anonymous said...

You have been in our prayers all day today. Lean on God's strength and he will give you courage to endure...you are both strong spirits and will be through this jouney in no time...

Miss you.

Take care,
Darlene, Brent & Bryce

Christi and Abbey said...

Oh, that sounds dreadful, but I am so proud of you both for getting through and I am glad she had her special doll and videos. THank you for taking the time to post!

Anonymous said...

That day is behind you forever. Isn't that a wonderful thought? Let us hope that the toughest thing she has to face is not eating. It seems a small price to pay for a lifetime of a normal body, doesn't it? You'll find all kinds of entertaining ways to exist, Paulette, you're so creative. Love you both, Kaaren