Chicken Broth never tasted so good
Bye Bye IV and Pole
Off and running
So happy to be free
Ani woke up yesterday to find a highchair in the Hospital room. We had to wait for morning rounds and when the doctor came in the first thing she said was do you want some scrambled eggs and bacon? I was shocked that they let her start right with solid food and not clear liquids but we took it slow started with Cheerios then 2 bowls of tong (Mandarin for soup) well it was just chicken broth she would have not stopped eating if I didn’t cut her off. This is going to be a big challenge for us. They turned down the nutrition feed IV and by 10:30 they shut it off and unhooked her from the pole. She was so happy everyone on the floor could hear her running and laughing up and down the halls. She has been hard to keep still ever since. By 4:00 we had our discharge papers and Connie was there to get us out of there.
11 comments:
Hooray!
Yippee!!! You go Ani... eat, run, be giggle!!!
That's super! I'm surprised they let you go without making sure her bowels were working first. I know I always had to "produce" before they'd let me leave.
Now the challenge will be not letting her overdo it.
I can't imagine how thrilled you must be to be going home!
-Heather
YEAH!!!!!
Soooo glad things are going well.
Glad you are out of there..
Have a Great Evening..
YEAH!!! I was thinking about you guys all day and wondering what the first food would be! Enjoy your time with Connie.
Glad you got sprung:)
Enjoy the rest of your stay!
Yay! And what better way to make your exit than with Connie. Happy to hear you're home!
So glad to see that girl eating and running around. And so happy to know you are out of there! Yay! Onward and upward.
You can see the pure joy in her face. I love it!! I'm so happy you get to go home.
Yay!! What a happy day.
Pure Joy!! I love the pics of her running down the hall in glee!! I am soo happy for you both!
Love,
Auntie Chris
Post a Comment