Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Day 6 NPO

Here is a great activity to do when you can only move less than a foot in any direction have a tissue party. We sold a box of puff tissues from the nurses station because Ani has such a runny nose and the tissues they give us are like sand paper. She pulled each one out and ripped them into many tinny little pieces and stood in one place for over 45 minutes now that is a miracle for this 2 year old. We found out that she gets to start eating tomorrow she will then be unhooked from the pole and free for the first time in 7 days. If all goes well they will discharge us in the afternoon. Can you believe it we could be out tomorrow. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I feel like I have gone from the lowest of the lows to the highest of highs. She gets to eat I get to eat and drink in front of her I know I’m going to sleep well tonight.

(I fell asleep before I could get this posted last night. Why did I not think of Tylenol PM sooner)




10 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Yippee to eating soon for Ani and the bright focus at the end coming so soon!!!

Kayce said...

YEAHHHHH!!! What great news to hear! Many hugs!

Paula said...

Yes, great news. What a long week this has been for you both. Hope to see you home soon. We got some snow last night!

Kim said...

YEAH!!!!
I am sooo happy for you..
Glad you got some sleep..
Hope you get out tomorrow..
Hugs..

MississippiZen said...

Awesome News!!!!!! I wonder what she will think when she sees food and drink for the first time in over a week??!!

Great News that you are being discharged!! She looks happy with the tissues .... I took note for our trip :)

kitchu said...

What awesome news!! And look at that smiling face!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you two are out of the hospital and enjoying food!! YEAH!! Love you both!
Love,
Auntie Chris

Don and Be said...

Ani,
That tissue thing - did you learn that from our little Joanna Mei? She's been known to participate in that very behavior. Are you girls in cahoots?

RamblingMother said...

So glad you guys are out. Love the tissue pics. What 2 year old doesn't love to tear up tissues?

Tami said...

Gotta love Kleenex!