Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Casually Optimistic


All I wanted for Christmas was answers to this medical cloud hanging over us and answers to the so many questions banging around in my head and in my heart. Most of all I wanted to find a doctor that would take my daughter as a whole person into account. Someone that would look at everything she has to go through right now. On Friday at San Francisco Medical I learned that I had very good questions but the answers were not all there. I did like them very much and they gave me hope. Then it was Stanford turn and I learned even more. I liked the doctor even better. He shared with me several other options I had not heard of. He looked at Annalise and everything she is going through right now and the diaries I have been keeping for the last month and he gave us a different option. In Feb everything will be reevaluated. To top it off the Doctor spoke Mandarin and Annalise sure liked that. I have decided to work with Lucille Packard Medical Center at Stanford in Palo Alto. It was like going back home I grew up in Los Altos right around the corner. They are 4 hours away from Tahoe and we will have to return every 4-6 months for testing and to be re evauated of her condition. But they are on the leading edge of Children’s medicine in so many ways and I feel very good about our new direction with them. I got what I wanted for Christmas and I now know that I am doing everything I can for my little girl. This is going to be the best Christmas ever most of all because we have each other. Thank you everyone for all your prayer and warm wishes keep them coming they're working :)

7 comments:

copperdog said...

She is so special to you! I think you got your Christmas wish in July. I'm glad there seems to be the promise of answers in 2009, you both deserve it.

Merry Christmas!
-Heather

Kayce said...

Such a wonderful Christmas for sure! Merry Christmas to you both!

BTW - My nana was a nurse for many years at Stanford, you will be in very good hands. Let me know if you ever need some company while your there, I'm just around the corner. You're in my prayers. God Bless you both and Merry Christmas.

bbmomof2boys said...

God is so good!! I'm glad you found a doctor you like and that he was able to help you!!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Carla

Paula said...

That is so great. Praise God that He lead you in that direction. The doc at Stanford sounds like the perfect match.
Merry Christmas,
Love, Paula

Lisa said...

I am so happy to hear the good news-knowing you are in good hands must take a bit of the burden and stress away. You are both in my thoughts- Merry Christmas

Kim said...

So glad you have found the answers you seeked out for..
SOunds like things are going to go very well..
Have a WONDERFUL Day..
Merry Christmas girly..

RamblingMother said...

so glad you got answers you needed!