Friday, December 05, 2008

What is Right

.
This week ranks 2nd hardest next to the week we spent in the Hospital. I finally gave in and put Annalise on the medication that was prescribed. After reading all about the side effects talking to several parents that use the med and a few nurses I put her on it on Sunday. I immediately saw her slow down and all she wanted to do was suck her thumb. Then came this little girl I did not know. Wining and crying what most parents would call typical 2 year old behavior tantrums kicking and screaming I think you get the picture. But this is not my little girl she is happy and loves to play and has never thrown a tantrum. By the 3rd day she was thrashing so badly in her sleep that she fell off the foot of my bed. It went on all night and I caught her several times from flying off the bed. I called the Doctor and they had me take her of the meds immediately. After a day and a half of detox I have my little girl back. But she has to start a new med shure hope this one is better.

We also took a look at a few day care situations and let’s just say I have had many good cries over what I saw. One center wanted to have her share her medical condition with all her class mates. I don’t think so she is 2 and this is private. Hello have you ever heard about confidentiality. Let’s just say they have now and she won’t be going there.

To top off the week I have lost my main support system the one person that has been there for us day in and day out. It is over and I am truly a single mom. We will get through this too but the timing could not be worse. I have reached out to the body of Christ and asked for help. I know that God is the only one that can heal us both. He will help us get through this difficult time and open the right doors to the future.

16 comments:

Kim said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you girly..
You have all of us here for you..
You are an AMAZING lady and you will both make it through the rough times..
Love ya girly..
HUGS....

bbmomof2boys said...

Wait - they wanted her to share her medical condition???? Wow! She's 2 yrs old!! When I read that my jaw dropped - makes no sense at all. I know you'll find a daycare that works for you and her both!

You are both in my prayers and thoughts.

Hugs,
Carla

C's Mom said...

I'm so sorry about all the stress you've got going on. The path will become clear in time... keeping you in my thoughts during those times when things are not so clear.

How in the world could a 2yo share her medical condition to begin with. That's ludicrous.

Joannah said...

Some people are just nuts! What did they want her to do? She's two!!!

Paulette, I wish I could be there for you. Too many miles...

God has a plan. He will turn all this around and bring you what you need. My prayers are with you.

Lisa and Tate said...

When it rains it pours!!! So sorry all this comes at the same time. I know that prayers will be answered and you will have His strength and love to get your thru these times.

Prayers for you and you little one.

Lisa

Dawn and Dale said...

Praying and thinking of you during this really really rough time. I'm so sorry.

grimmfour said...

I am so sorry to hear about your heartbreak..you are on the right path though. Jesus will carry you through what you could never do alone. You are both in my thoughts and prayers
Lori Grimm

redmaryjanes said...

I have been away for quite a while I see. I tried to read through to see what is going on, but I read that you are keeping things private and that is just fine with me. I will be praying for you and your princess. It's going to be ok. It looks like you have a wonderful support group of women from the blog hood.

Hang in there.

Kelley said...

Everything happens for a reason...I don't know what the reason IS, but I believe God will show you the way. It always seems to come all at once, as if to test your faith. I'm sending you so much love and hugs, and I know how frustrating the daycare situation can be! What IDIOTS, and as if it was ANYONE else's business...grrr. Hang in there.
Love
Kel

Paula said...

I'm praying for God to give you strength. I KNOW you can get through this Paulette because you are the strongest woman I know. You have your precious daughter and God is on your side. You WILL get through this and life will be better.
love you friend.
remember you can drop Annalise by ANYTIME. Hannah would LOVE to play with her.

Christi and Abbey said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. Anywhere from here will be up, right? Oh, big hugs from us and hopes that this week things will turn a corner for you. He does have a plan, and I know you are trying to find it. Bless both of you and praying for light for your pathway.

Kayce said...

Paulette I am so sorry for everything going on right now. So sorry. Know that if you need anything you can call anytime. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

P,
Hang in there and know Mark and I are always here for you.
We love you both.
XOXOXOXOX

Nancy said...

Paulette,

You are in my prayers. It is too much right now, I know, but take a minute and close your eyes and feel God's love and the love of those of us that have come to know you through this journey.

You are not alone.

Nancy

RamblingMother said...

Paulette, I am so sorry to hear of your breakup. What a crazy idea sharing her medical condition to 2 year olds. Praying for you through this difficult time!

Special K said...

I'm so sorry you're carrying such a heavy load on your heart. I saw this quote today and it seems fitting for you right now.

"Perhaps strength doesn't reside in having never been broken but in the courage required to grow strong in the broken places."

You are strong, Paulette. You'll get through this. Hang in there, my friend.