Friday, August 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We are in and finding our way out from under boxes and boxes of stuff. The movers were great and got the majority of all the big stuff as I was on the phone make sure the house closed on time. A bit optimistic as a friend put it and I did question my optimisum as we sat on the driveway with my life in a truck for an hour waiting for the recorders office to drop the official stamp stating we were closed. The next day Will and his brothers came and took apart the play yard and with in hours had it moved and back up in working condition AMAZING. My parents were absolutely incredible helping with Annalise from cleaning out the old house and helping with the last load. I could have never done this without them. The weather has been incredible unseasonably cool I could not have asked for anything better for moving. Will’s daughter also was in town and is an interior decorator and gave me some great ideas. With a few throw rugs and the pictures going back up on the walls it is really feeling like home. On a sad note on my last trip up the mountain to clean out the house I hit a doe. It did no damage to the car only to the poor little guy. It could have been worse as I swerved into on coming traffic and there was no one coming thank goodness. After 15 years of driving up and down the mountain every day this is the first deer I have hit. I start work tomorow and Annalise will start Pre School on Wed. I can’t believe the summer is over but it will be so nice to be just minutes away. It's so good to be home.

One final swing

Moving Day

Key In Hand

Play Set Going Back Up

A Job Well Done

Bye-Bye Aspen Way

Hello New House

A Place To Play

Life on the Ranch

A tub big enough for two

6 comments:

Kayce said...

Congratulations Paulette!! The new house looks beautiful! I love the view you have...incredible! The memories that will follow will be sweet for sure.

Paula said...

Yay! So glad to hear that everything went well. How nice that you had all of the helpers! Miss you at church.

copperdog said...

Congratulations on your new home! I have to laugh...who's taking the picture of you two in the tub!?

Dita said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new home AND making it all in one piece on moving day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Paulette! The new house looks terrific with all your stuff in it! Sorry to hear about the deer, thank goodness you weren't hurt. God does watch over us!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing P, can't wait to come and play in two weeks !!!!!!!!!!!! Love you both! Auntie Chris