Moving from a 1400 square foot home to over 2200 you gain room that needs to be filed. I did not have room for a proper dinning room table in my old home but now we have this open space that needs to be filled by Thanksgiving. I’m doing dinner so the search for a table was on. Over 10 years ago when we cleaned out my Great Aunt’s home she lived in since the 1930 my older sister took the dinning room table and I took the hutch and a few other matching pieces. We split up the set it was the only way we could keep it all in the family. After a long search for the right table to go with the hutch I called my sister to find out the table was in storage in June Lake only 2 hours away. She was happy to let me have it and keep it in the family. So last weekend Will Annalise and I drove down to June Lake and rescued the family table. It will need some work but it is going to look great when it’s done. I feel like I brought together 2 old friends that have not seen each other for many years. It is a beautiful piece of furniture that was make in the late 30’s I can’t wait for Thanksgiving to come and have my family together around this table again. My Aunt was the one that always did Thanksgiving so this Thanksgiving will be in honor of her and how thankful I am to have a beautiful new home a table and my wonderful family to share it with. We are so blessed
On are way down the east side of the Sierras
Mono Lake in the background
Things around this house are really coming together
Bring on the Holidays!
4 comments:
Wow! The table and hutch are gorgeous!!! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving with your family!!
So beautiful Paulette! You will have a wonderful Thanksgiving sitting around that table!
Great story about the table. I'm so happy to see the pics of Annalise, you and Pop Will all together.
It was meant to be! Such a lovely dining room set, too. I would love to have a dining room. Someday...
Hey, I thought of you on our drive back home from Cambria today when we passed the Shell Beach area.
:-)
Post a Comment