Sunday, January 17, 2010

It Takes a Village

To Raise a Child
I completely believe this and that is why I have opened my home and my family to my best friend and her 2 kids. They need sometime off Catalina Island. Island fever is a real thing. We have enrolled the girls in school and they are taking up to 3 gymnastics classes a week. That’s something they can’t do on the island. Annalise and I have the weekends alone while the girls go to their Dads and Elizabeth goes to work. Despite what other thought of our idea it is really working out good. Bridgette is very helpful with Annalise and Annalise looks up to both of them. This just might be the closest she ever gets to have a sibling, something I so dream about all the time. Elizabeth is incredibly so helpful around the house when I’m at work all day. She is quite the mom and I can only hope to be more like her. She is so sweat not even loosing everything she owned her the Catalina Island fire a few years ago can break this woman’s spirit. Our little communal family is working out wonderfully and I am enjoying a little more time to myself.

Happy Katie

A Mothers work is never done

Elizabeth folding laundry

My little helper Bridgette

Our home is rocking fun these days

1 comment:

Kayce said...

I love that saying! Enjoy all the fun you guys are having!!