Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Lesson In Time

Ever since Annalise experienced her first Halloween last year she has been asking if she could go Trick-er-Treating again. It left quite an impression on her getting to walk around in the dark dressed up like a princess knocking on doors and get candy by far her favorite holiday.





In May on Mothers day we began our lesson in time. We started to grow pumpkins from seed






My answer to her on going question became when the pumpkins grow





Then they started to sprout and she got all excited and said so now I get to go Trick-er-Treating?





Well not yet we need pumpkins so every day she has watched for the pumpkins to grow and low and behold it was working we had a pumpkin. Again she was all ready to get dressed up. When I informed her we have to wait for the pumpkins to turn orange.









The pumpkin vigils continued until this weekend when we finally picked the pumpkins out of the garden.



I must say I am pretty impressed with our growing ability and timing.




We are now counting the days to the big event. We got the final piece to her costume yesterday a tiara.



That’s right she is going to be a princess but you will have to come back to find out which one.





4 comments:

Christi and Abbey said...

so fun!! she looks lovely

Anonymous said...

Amazing lesson in time. Darling pics. I need a new one and anyone of these will do. Mom

Kayce said...

I LOVE this Paulette! I'm going to have to remember this for future!! I can't wait to see her final princess costume!

Nancy said...

Well, I am sure impressed with your pumpkins!