Monday, September 10, 2007

Children At Play

Look at the new street sign that showed up on my street today. Yes that’s my little blue house in the background. Thanks KGID I love my new sign. Now for a bit more neighborhood excitement. We also had a few visitors last night. I went out to close up my car it was pitch black out. As I took 4 steps out into the driveway and I heard a sound a hissing sound a sound that made me run back into the house for dear life. It was a momma bear and 2 cubs. All we could hear was cracking and we could not figure out what they were eating and nothing not even the panic button on the car would scare them away. She had gotten a sack of walnuts out of the garage and they were having a feast on the grass. So as the sign reads Slow Children At Play!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have jumped in my car..Holy cow, that would have scared me..But at the same time, how cool!

Robin said...

Oh my goodness, that would have scared me to death! Glad she only decided to crack a few nuts from your garage and nothing else. :0)

Anonymous said...

That sign is awesome! I think it's a "sign" that Analise is coming soon. Jon had that bear situation happen to him too, it was dark and he sensed that something was on the driveway, sure enough, Mr. Bear walking past. Our neighborhoods are definately not meant for casual evening strolls!

Joannah said...

Oh, my goodness! That would scare me, too. Beware of the bears, Paulette!