It is so heart breaking when a child leaves this world. I am just so glad I had the opportunity to know and work with James. I met him in the sandbox when he was 5 years old. He was one of the first students I met in the district. We had many great times together from learning how to swim and snow ski to playing basketball and just being a kid. His was born with many challenges to face the Spina Bifida that left him paralyzed from the waist down, also compromised his ability to fight the cancer that eventually took his life at the young age of 19. James definitely touched many lives. At the memorial service I shared the day I took James skiing he was ripping it up and then he flipped the biski about 3 times. Some times in life you have to get on the edge to trully feel alive. On that day I know James knew what is was to be alive. At the end of the survice his moms said to me that I taught Jamie how to realy live. I was so touched. God Bless you James may you have the one thing I could never teach you how to run and may you run in fields of green grass forever.
Friday, September 21, 2007
James 1988-2007
It is so heart breaking when a child leaves this world. I am just so glad I had the opportunity to know and work with James. I met him in the sandbox when he was 5 years old. He was one of the first students I met in the district. We had many great times together from learning how to swim and snow ski to playing basketball and just being a kid. His was born with many challenges to face the Spina Bifida that left him paralyzed from the waist down, also compromised his ability to fight the cancer that eventually took his life at the young age of 19. James definitely touched many lives. At the memorial service I shared the day I took James skiing he was ripping it up and then he flipped the biski about 3 times. Some times in life you have to get on the edge to trully feel alive. On that day I know James knew what is was to be alive. At the end of the survice his moms said to me that I taught Jamie how to realy live. I was so touched. God Bless you James may you have the one thing I could never teach you how to run and may you run in fields of green grass forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry Paulette! It sounds like James was an amazing human being. I'm sorry his life was cut short.
wow, that is so sad. What an inspirational kid.
My condolences to you and James' family. He sounds like an amazing young man.
Post a Comment